Learning how to get rich is great - teaching how to get rich is better!

About The

My photo
Sensei Ono, founder of Shinka Martial Arts, is a teacher and student of life. His passion for helping others and self improvement is the purpose behind this blog. -- "If your purpose in any way includes making the world a better place, I urge to you read, and share the knowledge."

Marketing (A.1 of AIDA)

There are three types of problem/solution openings.
1) Using a YOU-based problem/solution (use "you" a lot)
If you are tired of looking at your balding head in the mirror, you should know about this new product.

Do YOU have money problems? etc.

2) Using a ME-based problem/solution [me, my, or my client]
My store is totally over-stocked, and our staff don't have any place to put our products - everything must go!

3) Using a THEM-based problem/solution (people in general, third party)
People are getting more and more frustrated due to the economy...

Everyone is feeling the financial pinch from this year's financial crisis

So, evoke emotion as quickly as possible.

In the case of YOU, its generally pretty easy, as it tends to be a fairly pointed, direct statement. "Do YOU suck in the following area? Then YOU need THIS!"

While the me-based is often very pity-me type approach. "Oh woe is me, please help us solve this problem and save lots of money in the process". While the first can trigger a defensive reaction "I'll show them, I'll take action and buy their product!" the second is generally a mix of altruism and predatory instinct. "Those poor people, I could help them (fangs come out) and save a bundle in the process! Those fools, they're practically giving those sofas away... I could even sell them to people I know and make a profit..." The other me-approach is to tell your story more fully "I used to be this, and now I'm this." (Tony Robbins uses this a fair bit through telling illustrative stories of his past). Also, a lot of internet finance type sites do this as well.

The third invokes the cattle/sheep nature of humans. "Everyone else is doing it. The leading brand must be the best one. I don't want to be seen as odd..." Also, you can use it as presupposed knowledge - ie "y'know how so many people are suffering from...?" (tonality in this one is really crucial. Kind of a whiny, complaining like at the beginning)

And they all work, of course.

The challenge I propose to you, is to use this information ethically. Only sell products you believe in passionately; and use this information to help people make the right decision for them, not for you.




Sensei Ono, Shinka Martial Arts
How could you best encourage a blogger to blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Passionate Passive Income is all about learning how to get rich. Comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome!